Department of Onco-Hematology, Cell and Gene Therapies, and Hematopoietic Transplantation
The Department of Onco-Hematology, Cell and Gene Therapies, and Hemopoietic Transplantation provides patients suffering from hematological and oncological diseases treatments complying with the most up-to-date national and international therapeutic protocols, implementing a care model that gives priority to the humanization of care and to the relief from suffering.
In addition to patient care, the Department carries out clinical and translational research of very high scientific value, in collaboration with other Italian hospitals, and with high-profile international centers.
Thanks to the staff specifically dedicated to experimental clinical trials, the Department can offer innovative therapies in all the pediatric onco-hematological areas.
The Department has 77 beds for ordinary hospitalization, and an outpatient clinic managing approximately 100-120 children every day.
The Department performs:
- diagnosis and treatment of pediatric benign and malignant hematological diseases
- diagnosis and treatment of pediatric solid tumors
- diagnosis and treatment of pediatric rare cancers and rare hematological diseases
- diagnosis and multidisciplinary treatment of pediatric central nervous system tumors, for which the Department is the regional reference center
- diagnosis and treatment of hemorrhagic and thrombotic diseases, for which the Department is the regional reference center
- home care for children with onco-hematological conditions
- hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
- cell and gene therapy for pediatric malignant and non-malignant hematological diseases, and for cancers
- trials on new drugs for pediatric cancers